Friday, March 7, 2014
Monday, March 3, 2014
Check out Gone For A Run and let me know what catches your eye.
Disclaimer: I was provided this Tee at no cost in exchange for a review.
I was not compensated in any other way and the opinions expressed in this review are, as always, my own
Friday, February 21, 2014
Happy Friday Folks!
I'm excited to share with you guys that I finished my 2nd half marathon and first race of the year back on the 9th. I ran the Biggest Loser Run/Walk Half Marathon in my new city of Mobile, AL. The course was great and I had a blast adventuring through the beautiful historical downtown Mobile area without the fear of getting ran over....lol. I wish I had had the foresight to have taken pictures of all the old oak trees and southern style homes along the course. I'll be running in the area again in April for the Azalea Trail Run 10k and will make sure to snap a few pictures to share with you guys.
The race organizers on the other hand had a ton of photo ops along the course and snapped a few very unflattering pictures of me that I will not be sharing (I need a course on how to run pretty if that is even possible). Crossing the finish line no matter how much I like a spaz I will share.
When it was all over I finished with an official time of 2:23:37, not my best but defiantly an accomplishment.
This Weeks Goals:
1. Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate!....I've started adding Coconut Water to my smoothies for more hydration. I'm not a big fan of the taste, but mixed with fruit it's not so bad.
2. Stretching... I have jumped on the Foam Roller band wagon! If you don't know what I'm talking about Click Here or just Google "foam rollers for runners" for more info. I'll be posting about this amazing invention later.
3. Strength training...the hubs and I have set a 3 a day schedule to target muscle groups each week. Example: Day 1:Back & Biceps, Day 2:Chest & Triceps, Day 3:Shoulders, and a mix of abs and cardio each day. It has been such a great experience working out with my hubs.
4. Food Prep for the week ahead
5. Get in a steady 10-11 mile long run!
Half Marathon #3 is in only 14 days!